UNMC - College of Nursing - Who Will Care for You Fund - 01115090
Who Will Care for You Fund
More than 800 faculty positions are vacant in 554 nursing schools in the country with baccalaureate and/or graduate programs. With the average age of UNMC nursing faculty at 55 (and 58 for Ph.D. faculty), looming retirements make recruitment and retention an urgent issue.
Accelerated programs concentrate curricula for specific student populations, such as college graduates, so as to shorten the traditional degree pathways. These intensive programs require more than full-time dedication, thereby requiring that students forego salaries from part-time employment. Defraying costs for second or third degrees is especially critical because the first degree typically exhausts federal loans. Student scholarships are needed for the:
A 42,550-sq.-ft. Center for Nursing Science, adjacent to the college's Omaha campus building, is currently under construction, funded by previous gifts. Still needed are:
- To retain the best faculty and prevent them from being recruited elsewhere, we need retention packages.
- To bring faculty candidates to UNMC so they can discover this great medical center, endowed chairs, endowed professorships, and research start-up packages are needed.
- To grow young faculty from within, we need educator fellowships for honor students who will dedicate full-time graduate study to becoming future faculty.
- Accelerated BA or BS to BSN program
- Accelerated MSN program
- Accelerated BSN to Ph.D. program
- Advanced learning technologies such as computerized mannequins and other clinical skills equipment and research labs.
100% of your gift goes to the university
Give with confidence—Your gift is secure
We are committed to protecting your privacy