CoJMC Equipment Fund
Video cameras aren't just for broadcasting students anymore. With the changing nature of the news and media industries, all news students in the College of Journalism and Mass Communications are required to take courses in photography, videography and design. That means the college is constantly needing to buy additional equipment and keep upgrading what we have. Below is a list of the college's immediate equipment needs. By making a gift in the amount shown, you allow the college to purchase the item indicated, ensuring that Nebraska journalism students are prepared for the media world that awaits them.
- 32-inch Flat Screen TV ($500 each) - needs 22 to replace 2001 model in newsroom and main lobby ($11,000 total)
- Live Reporting Kit - Teradek Video 4G video streaming: $8,245
- 4g Modems & Contract $1,080 annually (These video-streaming kits can be attached to our cameras and sent into field to provide live video stream during broadcasts.
- Video Cameras - HD video cameras bundled with microphones and headphones and sent into field with student reporters. $2,986.74 each.
- Still Cameras - Photojournalism is another key pillar of our program. Students check cameras out on daily basis for projects. Also heavily used in all study abroad trips. $1,460.57 each.
- Senheiser Wireless Mic ($625) - In broadcasting program students often use wireless microphones to film stand-ups. Wireless mic allows reporters to have both hands free and be more animated.
- Lighting - These lighting kits help students cover stories in inadequately lit environments. Lowel Interview 3 light $715 LED light for video camera: $169
Give with confidence—Your gift is secure
We are committed to protecting your privacy
800-432-3216 toll free
Times have changed. Technology now allows our voices to carry farther and our message to reach people we could never reach before.
If you believe, as we do, that the University of Nebraska Foundation's message is worth spreading and that our causes are worth supporting, please help us spread the word.