UNF - Gifts that can be made from your IRA

Charitable IRA Rollover

The IRA charitable rollover is a great way to make a tax-free gift that supports the University of Nebraska. 

To make a qualified charitable distribution from an IRA, donors must be 70½ years or older at the time of the gift. The gifts must be made directly from the IRA to the University of Nebraska Foundation, and the gift amount cannot exceed $100,000.

A rollover gift from an IRA is particularly beneficial for individuals who:

  • don’t want to take the required minimum distribution,
  • can’t use all of their charitable deductions in a tax year,
  • don’t itemize charitable deductions.

Donors wanting to take advantage of this tax-efficient giving opportunity should make a request to their IRA plan administrator, asking that a distribution be made payable to the University of Nebraska Foundation. Please notify us of your gift intentions by sending this completed form via e-mail to

Members of the gift planning team are available to help complete these gifts and to help donors who want to direct their gift to a specific area on campus. Call our team now at 1-800-432-3216 or contact us via e-mail.

The appropriate beneficiary designation for an IRA gift is "The University of Nebraska Foundation, a Nebraska nonprofit corporation."

The University of Nebraska Foundation is registered with the Internal Revenue Service Department of the Treasury (EIN: 47-0379839) and is exempt from federal income tax under the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.

ForgeAds Zone Display ForgeAds Zone Display

ForgeAds Zone Display ForgeAds Zone Display