Support the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication
The Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication (ALEC) in the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln develops human potential through excellence in teaching, expanded scholarship and research, outreach to communities, and international engagement. ALEC faculty members use new technologies and
teaching methods, including distance education, as well as persistently evaluating the effectiveness and comprehensiveness of their curriculum, and setting high standards for the education and training of students in undergraduate and graduate programs.
ALEC offers undergraduate degrees in Agricultural Education with a teaching option, and a leadership option; Agricultural Journalism; and Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Management specializing in agro/ecotourism. ALEC also offers minors in Leadership and Communication and Environmental Education. Graduate programs in the ALEC department include a master of science degree in Leadership Education, and a specialization in Leadership Studies within the Human Sciences Doctoral program. The mission of the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication is “to develop agricultural leaders, educators, journalists and other professionals through teaching, research and extension/education.”
Priority Funding Needs:
1. Undergraduate student scholarships for all departmental majors.
2. Travel funds to support student involvement in international study abroad programs to prepare graduates for a global workplace.
3. Funds to provide a dedicated student space for meeting, gathering, studying, etc.
4. Discretionary funds for professional development to enhance teaching, research and extension expertise.
5. Endowed/named professorship in agricultural education.